Thursday, July 9, 2009

First Day of School Version 2009

Welcome to the land of year round school. The kids started school this week. It is a big year for us. Nick is in his last year of elementary, 6th grade. That makes me feel really old. Anna started 4th grade, and Lily is in kindergarten. Nick and Anna went to school on Monday. Here are their pictures.

Anna is going to have a really special year for 4th grade. Her Aunt Karen is her teacher. Here is a cute picture I got with the two of them. I didn't want it to be obvious that I was taking a picture of Karen, but I think it turned out cute. Lily started school on Wednesday. She was so excited and had no problems being without mom. I was a little sad, but she is so ready.
Lily posed with Jack before we left for school. He slept through the whole thing. She was really excited to go as you can tell from the next picture.
She got to take her favorite animal to school as a transition item for the first day. She picked Ellie, of course. I think this picture is so sweet.
We are now 4 days in. I am just now starting to get into the swing of things. It is nice to have a few quiet hours every day. I am getting lots of snuggle time with little Jack before the craziness of afternoon and evening activities take over. I am so proud of the children my babies have become. It is so fun to watch them learn and grow.

2 comments:

natalie said...

Hooray for Kindergarden! Gracie is so exited but when it comes right down to it I think she will be clinging to my leg.She's kinda a mama's girl.
You post lots of cute pics.

Mom said...

Hi Becky - this is Mary showing Mom how to make a comment. You sure have some cute kiddos there! I'm sending some stuffz for Jack back with Mom.