Here I am on my due date, still pregnant. I know that it is just an estimate, but I never knew how frustrating it can be to reach that magic date and no baby yet. The doctor tried to explain to me that the baby is doing well and he is just not ready to be born yet. The other kids were all a few days early and I figured that I was on the same track. Apparently not. I thought that maybe with the miserableness (is that a word?) of my pregnancy I would get a break. It was not meant to be. I know that he will be here soon enough and I will be dreaming back to the days when he was not so much work. Until then, I will try to make the best of being pregnant. I am still really nauseous and uncomfortable. I am not getting any sleep. I know that comes with the new baby territory, but I don't have the baby yet. That doesn't sound like I am making the best of things, does it? As I do my normal activities I get looks of pity and nervousness. It is like people are afraid this baby will be born right in the middle of their store. I am tired of people saying,"Your still here? I am so sorry." I just hope this little guy knows what I have gone through for him. We love him so much. We are so excited to meet him. Hurry baby, hurry!
p.s. Sorry about the complaining and whiny tone of this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
You deserve to complain. Gripe away, sister! And it would be awesome if someone was giving you a pathetic look out in public and your water gushed everywhere and then that person had to clean it up. :) Sweet revenge!
Just take it easy, as best as you can, anyway. It's a small consolation, but the baby will come, and it will be soon. We'll send some prayers for comfort your way.
I think the closest I have ever gotten to my due date was 7 days and I was hating life. Everone said that they would come when they were ready. I say, I'm the mom I'll decided when their ready. I feel your pain. hang in there
Becky, both my kids were late. You can complain all you want. We know what its like to be 40 weeks pregnant. Lainey was a week late and Brady 3 days and would've been longer, but I was induced.
Hang in there girl!
I've been thinking about you! Number 4 is the one that did me in, too! The first 3 came right on time, one week early, and three weeks early. Jonah was 5 days late!!!!!!! I can feel your pain!
I actually tried the whole castor oil thing, I wouldn't recommend it. BLECH! I still can't drink orange juice to this day! Maybe this baby can share his birthday with Sam who turns the sweet 16 on Saturday. Sending labor vibes your way!
If the baby isn't born on Sam's birthday, maybe he will be born on Zachary's birthday, which is Sunday, April 26. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there! :)
Post a Comment