The kids have been off track for the last 2 1/2 weeks and our lives have been pretty slow. Mom has not been up to lots of activities. They have been so good, but I thought it would be fun for us to get out of the house for a little bit. Nick and Anna especially needed to do something besides watch TV and play
Wii. The weather has not been great this week, so I came up with the great idea to go bowling. I, myself do not, bowl. Since I am very pregnant I used that as my excuse to sit this one out. The kids had a great time. We used the bumpers and Nick, Anna, and Lily did a great job. Nick is the only one who actually bowled and didn't just throw the ball.


Check out that form!
Anna loved bowling. A couple of times I thought she might put a hole in the floor with her hard tosses. 

Lily was unsure about putting on the shoes, but once I convinced her she did great. She used both the ramp-thing and the throw the ball as hard as she could methods.


Somehow Lily's unconventional methods got the highest score. Of course, we did have a few mishaps. Somehow our lane was broken. The pins sometimes did not reset. The scoreboard gave the kids strikes when the didn't even bowl, and we had to do a lot of waiting for the employees to fix our lane. By the time we had bowled one round, they were done. I can't blame them. Here is what the final scores were:

Nick 95, Anna 107, Lily 122. Remember those strikes are not real. Some people say that form is the key to winning at bowling. Today, my girls proved that is not the case.
No comments:
Post a Comment