Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Biggest Turkies of All

WARNING: Picture overload!
We had a really fun Thanksgiving. We started out with having Thanksgiving dinner at Kathy's house. She hosted a fun day for 31 of her closest relatives. The dinner was yummy and everyone was stuffed. Here is a picture of Kathy and Karen getting dinner ready. You girls can thank me later for blogging pictures of you!
Every now and then Ben's birthday falls on Thanksgiving. This was one of those years. He had his birthday pie and a very off-key version of Happy Birthday. He was thrilled about turning 37, as you can tell from the pictures.
Lily and Gracie enjoying their pie :
On Friday evening we got our first real snow of the season. The kids put on all of their gear and braved the cold on Saturday.

After playing outside we (Ben) pulled out the Christmas decorations. We (the kids) had a fun time decorating the tree.

I am even going to be brave and post a picture of myself with the tree. Please, no rude comments on my hugeness. I promise that I didn't just eat too much Thanksgiving dinner.
I am so grateful that I got to spend so much time with the people I love. They are the thing I am most thankful for. I am also thankful for all of the family and friends that live far away. I hope that we can remember how special it is to have people to love this time of year.

1 comment:

VirtualM said...

We also got to attend a birthday party on Thanksgiving, but it was for a two-year-old and involved lots of princess and fairy stuff. Looks like you guys had fun!