Yes, the election is over. It really was kind of scary. I am so glad that I no longer have to watch political ads any more. Ben stayed up late and watched all of the returns. He says that he likes numbers. Of course, being pregnant I was in bed at 9:00. I am glad that I live in this country and have the right to vote. The kids learned a lot about the political process and why people choose to vote for certain candidates. Lily's preschool class even had an election. McCain won in her class. When asked who she voted for she said, A Rock O'Bottom. I thought that was funny. She just wanted to vote against the boys in her class. Now that the election is over we can get on with nonstop Christmas ads. Maybe I shouldn't watch so much TV.
This post is really supposed to be about Halloween. I didn't get very many pictures. I wasn't feeling very well. On Thursday night we had the church party/trunk or treat. The kids and Ben all dressed up. Ben went as the scariest thing he could think of, a Hilary supporter. Nice, huh. If you look closely at Nick you can see his creative costume. He is a Smartie Pants. We spent some time and pinned smarties candies all over his pants. He loved the costume. Anna was a witch/vampire. Very scary. Lily was a pretty witch. They had a really fun time.
On Friday, the kids had lots of activities planned. Lily had the annual preschool party and parade. Here she is at her school. 
After Lily's school was over we went to the elementary school to check on the parties. Nick had a fun time. Here he is. He was searching for gummy worms in whipped cream. Gross.



After Lily's school was over we went to the elementary school to check on the parties. Nick had a fun time. Here he is. He was searching for gummy worms in whipped cream. Gross.

Anna also had a good party.
Nick is now too old to hang out with his family on Halloween. He went to his friend's house and had a really good time. He said our neighborhood has more trick or treaters, though.
Here is one last picture of my pretty/scary girls. We love Halloween and has a really good night. Lots of candy was treated to all.



3 comments:
L-O-V-E the smarty pants..so cute and clever.
the girls look darling.
i am looking forward to the ads being over too. we sat doenw to watch TV this morning and were getting fussy that they were STILL playing until we realized we were watching a show on DVR...we have atleast a weeks worth of TV to catch up on so we will be buzzing through those ads!
rock o bottom...my dad will be slapping his knee over that one for a week! cute post
I love Ben in that wig. It looks good on him!
Post a Comment