Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight Mania

I have read all of the books in the Twilight series. I have discussed the merits of Jacob v. Edward with friends and relatives. (Jacob wins, by the way). And now I have seen the much anticipated Twilight movie. No, I did not go to the Thursday night 12:01 am showing. I don't like staying up that late. I went Saturday morning with some of my girl friends. We got our popcorn and drinks and settled in with all of the teenage girls for the first viewing of the most beautiful man on earth, according to the books. How could any person be as good looking as the books make Edward out to be? When the the lights went out there were a few screams and whistles. I actually liked the movie quite a bit. I read this part of the saga last Christmas, so I didn't care if some details were left out. I don't even remember what happens to be honest. Anyway, two thumbs up. I liked all of the actors. Robert Pattinson did a good job of being beautiful. My only problem with him is that he has crooked teeth when all of the other people in the movie have straight smiles. He also wears more lipstick than Bella. What is up with that? If you have interest in seeing this movie I would recommend it. One last thing. Do you think Edward Cullen resembles Robert Smith from the band The Cure at all?
Is it the lipstick or the hair?
p.s. Ben has informed me that he does not like the Twilight pictures. I made sure to tell him that the next post would be pictures of him. It is his birthday this week.

1 comment:

VirtualM said...

Like I said when I talked to you today - I think he almost has more of a 'James Dean' quality to him, although the Robert Smith comparison is not unfounded. And I'm glad you're on Team Jacob, although their relationship gets a bit creepy in book 4. Little Renesmee is going to have fun in therapy in book 5!